Napoli has ruled out a move for Cristiano Ronaldo in January.The Serie A leaders were linked with Ronaldo over the summer but played down the rumours last month.
At that time, Guintoli said: “There has never been a real negotiation, we are very close to our players. We consider the team very competitive. We never really talked about Ronaldo.”
The Portugal captain was dropped for the 1-1 draw with Chelsea on Saturday October 22, after refusing to come on against the Tottenham clash.
Speaking to DAZN ahead of Napoli’s Champions League clash with Rangers, he said: “Ronaldo in January? We won’t sign any player in January. We don’t need to change anything in this team. We’re doing great and we’re not planning any signing, as of today”
Since the beginning of this season, Ronaldo has started just two Premier League games all season and has two goals to his name across all competitions this term.
The Naples team currently have a three-point lead over AC Milan at the top of Serie A and are likely to finish top of their Champions League group unless they suffer a heavy loss to LiverpooNapoli has ruled out a move for Cristiano Ronaldo in January.
According to Reports, the Serie A leaders were linked with Ronaldo over the summer but played down the rumours last month.
Also, it’s also reported that Chelsea have Interest in signing the Portugal star in January.
Leave a Reply