The African Action Congres presidential candidate, Omoyole Sowore, on Thursday, tackled the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, over his absence from the public scene since the official kick-off of electioneering for the 2023 election.
Sowore said Nigerians won’t be swayed by photo ops anymore and that Nigerians now know better after the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), allegedly used the same method.
The ACC presidential candidate was reacting to a picture of Tinubu shared on his Twitter page on Thursday. The candidate shared his picture following recent concerns that the APC flagbearer was allegedly sick.
The PUNCH had reported on October 3 2022 that Tinubu explained he is strong and healthy while dismissing the rumour that he is dead. He also dismissed claims that he had withdrawn from the presidential race.
In a tweet accompanied by a video showing him working out on a fitness bike, he wrote, “Many have said I have died; others claim I have withdrawn from the presidential campaign. Well… Nope.
“This is the reality: I am strong, I am healthy and I am ready to serve Nigerians from Day One.”
Earlier on Thursday, The APC Presidential Campaign Council spokesman, Festus Keyamo, said the party can’t continue defending Tinubu’s whereabouts every minute.
He said Nigerians were misconstruing the issues at hand, adding that though Tinubu is APC presidential flagbearer, he is yet to become Nigeria’s president.
With that, Keyamo said, the party, Tinubu, and the presidential campaign council would not be issuing press statements to explain the former Lagos State governor’s whereabouts.
But in a photo shared on his Twitter page, Tinubu, who was decked in a suit and tie, was seen reading a newspaper. “Staying focused,” the former governor captioned the photo.
However, the photo generated several reactions online, with many social media users claiming that the picture was not recent as Tinubu was holding a January edition of the newspaper.
But reacting to the photo, Sowore maintained that with Buhari’s antecedent, Nigerians won’t be deceived by photo ops.
“The era of using photo ops to deceive and fleece unsuspecting citizens has passed! Thanks to
@MBuhari, who scammed with these bogeys, Nigerians can’t be fooled by these old antiquated gimmicks and antics by @officialABAT handlers. Nigerians won’t be governed by photographs anymore,” he wrote on his Twitter page.
Leave a Reply